Website St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation Hamilton
Job Posting: Coordinator, Special Events and Community Partnerships
Posting Date: January 20, 2023
Job Status: Full-time, continuing
Reporting: Reports to Director, Special Events and Community Partnerships
Location: Hamilton, ON – Hybrid Work Model
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is looking for a Full Time Coordinator, Special Events and Community Partnerships to join their Team in Hamilton, Ontario.
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton — an academic health sciences centre that’s been committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals for more than 130 years. A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, our Foundation is also part of a select group of Canadian charities accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation Hamilton is looking for a Coordinator, Special Events and Community Partnerships to join our team of dedicated, caring and mission-focused professionals who are committed to working together to empower healthcare in our community and are proud to support St. Joseph’s inspiring mission of Hope, Healing and Discovery. Read more about us here: https://www.stjoesfoundation.ca/
Why Work with Us?
• Opportunity to do meaningful work that supports hope, healing and discovery at our Hospital.
• Competitive salary range of $45,000 – $55,000 annually and comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental benefits, a defined benefit pension plan (HOOPP), & maternity/parental leave top-up.
• Starting at 3 weeks vacation.
• Flexible work arrangements including hybrid work opportunities.
• Commitment to Professional Development including an annual budget for each employee.
• Newly renovated office space
This is a full-time role, located in Hamilton, ON
Hybrid Work Model – minimum of 3 days on site required.
Core Functions: The Coordinator, Special Events and Community Partnerships is a key member of the team and plays an integral role in advancing the mission of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation by:
1. Contribute to key fundraising activities by providing support for our six annual events and assisting with the Community Events/Cause Marketing portfolio
2. Support logistical and data entry elements (via Raiser’s Edge) for of each of our six annual events
3. Have the ability to help draft/compile/edit/distribute/post information or communications about the Special Events & Community Partnerships portfolio as needed
4. Be the lead on a fulsome stewardship plan that provides recognition to all of our event supporters on a year-round basis
In collaboration with the Special Events and Community Partnerships team, the Coordinator will:
• Contribute to the success of each event in our portfolio through the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donations, gifts in kind, sponsorship, ticket sales and additional revenue generating opportunities
• Liaise with volunteer committees, Hospital and Foundation staff, and board members, donors, local businesses and friends of St. Joe’s as appropriate
• Coordinate and train volunteers and Foundation staff in preparation for event execution
• Build on existing stewardship plans to create a multi-faceted, year-long plan that ensures supporters feel connected to the Foundation
• Effectively utilize our database (Raiser’s Edge) as the primary tool to generate invitation lists, code attendance at events, record sponsorship information and record other relevant relationship management information
• Other duties as assigned according to the needs of the events team and the Foundation team
Skills and Experience Required:
• University degree or college diploma in events or related discipline.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of demonstrated success in special event fundraising
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software is an asset
• Exceptional ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
• Self-starter who is motivated to learn and grow, bring forward new ideas, etc.
• Understanding of, and ability to, work in an event fundraising environment, that is cyclical in nature, which can be high-pressure and hectic at times
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
• Exceptional computer skills with experience working in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, Canva, and Raiser’s Edge.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional donor service and event participant experience
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As a condition of employment successful applicants will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a documented exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If this role interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter to https://pesceandassociates.talentnest.com/en/posting/142394/location/171293 by February 10, 2023. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit pesceandassociates.talentnest.com.