Website Ovarian Cancer Canada
Do you want your next career adventure to be part of a great cause? Do you want to join a growing team of dynamic and highly collaborative fundraisers? Our team is looking for a Director of Community Engagement & Events who will work with a deeply committed community excited to contribute and make a positive impact in the lives of women across Canada. If this is you, we want to hear from you.
Ovarian Cancer Canada champions the health and wellbeing of women with ovarian cancer and others at risk of this disease while advancing research to save lives. Ovarian Cancer Canada has galvanized the Canadian community and demonstrated global leadership in building an ovarian cancer patient advocacy movement. As the only registered Canadian charity solely dedicated to overcoming ovarian cancer, the organization provides leadership in research, advocacy, and support, so that women live fuller, better, longer lives.
Why work with Ovarian Cancer Canada?
• Work from home!
• We believe time off is integral to the personal health and wellness of our employees and offer a generous paid time off package including vacation days, personal days, wellness days and paid companywide closure over the winter holiday break
• We provide competitive health, medical, dental and vision benefits, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), as well as an RRSP matching program after one year of service
• We offer competitive salaries within the non-profit sector
• We are a growing team of forward-thinking individuals who seek to challenge the status-quo to make a difference in the lives of those affected by ovarian cancer
• We value transparency and collaboration throughout all levels of the organization
• We provide plenty of opportunity to lead campaigns to success, try new things and achieve individual professional goals
• We value entrepreneurial spirit
• We are committed to building a more diverse workplace
• We value work-life balance and maintain a friendly and supportive work environment
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, Communications & Development, the newly developed role of Director of Community Engagement & Events provides leadership in the planning and execution of Ovarian Cancer Canada’s Signature, Partner, and Third-Party Events, acting as an ambassador for the organization and plays a key role in cultivating and soliciting prospective sponsors, partners, and other revenue streams that make up the Community Engagement and Events portfolios.
The Director of Community Engagement & Events plays a vital role in the development and implementation of Ovarian Cancer Canada’s (OCC’s) revenue growth and leads a team of event coordinators and fundraisers that cultivates and stewards relationships with donors, corporate partners, fundraisers, and volunteers to drive continued financial growth to deliver on our mission.
This is a full-time, remote work-from-home position which includes regular meetings via tele-video conference and occasional travel.
• Work closely with the VP, Marketing, Communications and Development to develop and implement the annual plan and strategies to secure funding, including sponsorships, donations, fundraisers, and events across Canada.
• Alongside the Director of Marketing and Communications, and the Director of Campaign and Leadership Gifts, develop cross-functional strategies aligned to organizational goals.
• Lead and support the community engagement team and fundraisers through coaching, mentoring, and setting clear goals and expectations, tools, and best practices
• Actively seek new opportunities for third-party events and corporate sponsorships by cultivating relationships in the community.
• Support, cultivate, and renew community events annually by building positive relationships with organizers, volunteers, participants, sponsors, and donors to ensure each event’s success.
• Implement new strategies to grow community awareness and support for Ovarian Cancer Canada.
• Manage and track consolidated KPI’s, revenue targets, budgets, and forecasting
• Work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to deliver 3rd party and signature events ensuring a donor centered approach to our valued community.
• Prepare and deliver funding proposals, sponsor, and partner agreements, and granting applications to support revenue targets and multi-year commitments.
• Establish trust and confidence in the community, securing strategic partnerships.
• With a growth mindset, work closely with a cross-functional team to uncover new revenue generating opportunities.
Skills, attributes, and qualifications
• University or College degree in Fundraising/Business or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience
• Experience working with all forms of revenue generation in the charitable sector, including engaging the community, events, and corporate partnerships.
• Demonstrated ability to manage community and event portfolios.
• Experience developing cooperative working staff and volunteer relationships
• Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for achieving results
• Ability to develop relationships and influence decisions and gain alignment across broad stakeholder groups with diverse needs
• Demonstrate strong organization and project management skills with the ability to handle high volumes of work and shifting timelines and priorities
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
• Valid driver’s license with the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Collaborative and responsive to the needs and concerns of fellow team members as well as our community (including people living with ovarian cancer, their friends and families, donors, and other followers/supporters)
• Committed to working in an inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
Want to work with us? Interested candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume to Mapy Villaudy, VP Marketing, Communications and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2022.
Ovarian Cancer Canada requires that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per current Canada Public Health guidelines. Anyone hired after January 1, 2022, will be required to show evidence that they are fully vaccinated.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with a police background check as a contingency of hiring.
Ovarian Cancer Canada is an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.
We are happy to provide accommodations for those who require them – please communicate if accommodations will be required during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants, but please note that only qualified candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit pesceandassociates.talentnest.com.