Website St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation Hamilton
Job Posting: Finance Officer
Reports to: Vice-President, Finance and Administration
Job Status: Full-time, continuing
Posting Date: January 23, 2023
Closing Date: February 10, 2023
Location: Hamilton, ON – Hybrid Work Model – 3 days on site required
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is looking for a Full Time Finance Officer to join their Team in Hamilton, Ontario.
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton – an academic health sciences centre committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation Hamilton is looking for a Finance Officer to join our team of dedicated, caring and mission-focused professionals who are committed to working together to empower healthcare in our community and are proud to support St. Joseph’s inspiring mission of Hope, Healing and Discovery. Read more about us here: https://www.stjoesfoundation.ca/
Why Work with Us?
• Opportunity to do meaningful work that supports hope, healing and discovery at our Hospital.
• Competitive salary range of $50,000 – $55,000 annually and comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental benefits, a defined benefit pension plan (HOOPP), & maternity/parental leave top-up.
• Starting at 3 weeks vacation.
• Flexible work arrangements including hybrid work opportunities.
• Commitment to Professional Development including an annual budget for each employee.
• Newly renovated office space (anticipated completion in December 2022).
This is a full-time role, located in Hamilton, ON
Hybrid Work Model – minimum of 3 days on site required
Core Function: Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance & Administration, the Finance Officer is responsible for the accounts payable function and the performance of a variety of day-to-day general accounting tasks. This role assists the Finance team and works closely with the Manager, Finance & Administration in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the financial records of the St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, Hamilton and our Sister Foundation, St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation Guelph.
The Finance Officer is responsible primarily for (but not limited to):
• Responsible for Accounts Payable cycle; timely & accurate payment of all invoices and monitoring budgetary control.
• Reviews & verifies revenue entries posted from revenue module interface; makes journal entry corrections as necessary.
• Assists with grant administration.
• Reconciliation of financial accounts.
• Prepares detailed monthly cash flow spreadsheet – used to analyze revenue & deposit details for bank reconciliation purposes.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations & credit card reconciliations.
• Prepares T4A slips and summaries annually.
• Assists in preparation of analyses/schedules for year-end audit.
• Prepares bi-weekly Excel files for administration of employee “50/50” lottery.
• Prepares monthly adjustments for “Cost of Sales” of retail operation.
• Supports the donor services team with gift processing as needed.
• Performs other duties as required.
• University degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, or a related field.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience preferably at another non-profit or hospital foundation.
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles and CRA charitable rules and regulations.
• Working towards an accounting designation is considered an asset.
• Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge and or other accounting software.
• Exemplary attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness in completing work.
• Strong organizational skills with a proven ability to prioritize and manage deadlines.
If this role interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter to https://pesceandassociates.talentnest.com/en/posting/142397/location/171296 by February 10, 2023.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
As a condition of employment successful applicants will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof of a documented exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit pesceandassociates.talentnest.com.