Website Ovarian Cancer Canada
Do you want your next career adventure to be part of a great cause? Do you want to join a growing team of dynamic and highly collaborative fundraisers? Our team is looking for a Grants Writer who will work with a deeply committed community excited to contribute and make a positive impact in the lives of women across Canada. If this is you, we want to hear from you.
Ovarian Cancer Canada champions the health and wellbeing of women with ovarian cancer and others at risk of this disease while advancing research to save lives. Ovarian Cancer Canada has galvanized the Canadian community and demonstrated global leadership in building an ovarian cancer patient advocacy movement. As the only registered Canadian charity solely dedicated to overcoming ovarian cancer, the organization provides leadership in research, advocacy, and support, so that women live fuller, better, longer lives.
Why work with Ovarian Cancer Canada?
• Work from home!
• We believe time off is integral to the personal health and wellness of our employees and offer a generous paid time off package including vacation days, personal days, wellness days and paid companywide closure over the winter holiday break
• We provide competitive health, medical, dental and vision benefits, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), as well as an RRSP matching program after one year of service
• We offer competitive salaries within the non-profit sector
• We are a growing team of forward-thinking individuals who seek to challenge the status-quo to make a difference in the lives of those affected by ovarian cancer
• We value transparency and collaboration throughout all levels of the organization
• We provide plenty of opportunity to lead campaigns to success, try new things and achieve individual professional goals
• We value entrepreneurial spirit
• We are committed to building a more diverse workplace
• We value work-life balance and maintain a friendly and supportive work environment
This is a full-time, remote work-from-home position which includes regular meetings via tele-video conference and occasional travel.
Reporting to the Director of Campaign & Leadership Gifts, the Grant Writer is key to supporting the exciting revenue growth planned for the organization. The Grant Writer works closely with members of the Marketing, Communications and Development team to develop campaign and leadership giving proposals, grant submissions, and supporting materials.
• Identify new grant and funding opportunities, write, submit and manage proposals and provide prospective funders with supporting documents.
• With a donor centric approach, develop engaging, meaningful and deeply personal proposals that aligns to the donor’s philanthropic aspirations and the organizations’ funding needs.
• Articulate the organizations’ case for support, campaign goals, evolving narrative and funding needs through powerful proposals and impact reports.
• Write research-related communications, including lay summaries, slide decks and executive summaries for various stakeholder audiences.
• Responsible for researching, preparing, writing, and submitting grant applications and overseeing the entire grant process.
• Track reporting requirements and timelines as specified within grant applications, as well as performance metrics for internal and external reporting purposes.
• Assisting with completion and submission of all reporting, both financial and narrative, as required by the terms of each grant.
• Maintenance of current and historical project and grant financial records
• Troubleshoot actual and potential challenges related to grant administration.
• Responsible to analyze, interpret, advise, and communicate grant regulations and requirements to team members.
• Work with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure consistency of branding and messaging for external communications.
• Work closely with the Database Manager to ensure data integrity, maintaining appropriate records in Raiser’s Edge.
• Perform quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis for new and ongoing grant proposals.
• Serve as a representative of Ovarian Cancer Canada at local events and meetings as required.
• Support cross departmental projects to support annual fundraising initiatives, including attending the annual Walk of Hope.
• Participate in activities, initiatives and special projects as requested.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree in creative writing or related field.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a non-profit organization, foundation and/or higher education institution writing grants.
• Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources and exceptional research skills are required.
• Strong project management skills, including creating and reviewing critical paths, managing multiple deadlines simultaneously, working with budgets, meeting objectives in an exciting and agile environment, and working cohesively with team members across the country.
• Strong and effective proposal writing skills and proven success in completing grant applications.
• Familiarity with and knowledge of ovarian cancer, health care and/or cancer sector is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish solid working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and colleagues.
• Proven self‐starter and self‐motivated.
• High level of competence in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
• Bilingualism (French and English) both oral and written a strong asset.
Want to work with us? Interested candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume to Mapy Villaudy, VP Marketing, Communications and Development at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2, 2022.
Ovarian Cancer Canada requires that all employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per current Canada Public Health guidelines. Anyone hired after January 1, 2022, will be required to show evidence that they are fully vaccinated.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with a police background check as a contingency of hiring.
Ovarian Cancer Canada is an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status. We are happy to provide accommodations for those who require them – please communicate if accommodations will be required during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants, but please note that only qualified candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit pesceandassociates.talentnest.com.