Website Chimo Youth Retreat Centre
The Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for leading the recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes for Chimo; providing support to the leadership team as required, ensuring effective and welcoming processes are in place to strengthen the organization’s ability to attract, hire and retain excellent staff members to continue to enable Chimo to provide outstanding service to children, youth and families. The HR Specialist will also be responsible for the coordination and administration of training for all staff within Chimo.
Fulltime – 37.5 hours per week
Hybrid Role (Mixture of in office and Work from Home)
Why work for Chimo?
– Competitive compensation – salary range for this role is $47,550 – $52,350 annually.
– Annual vacation starting at three (3) weeks per year increasing by 5 days every 5 years to a maximum of 40 days/year.
– Dental and Health benefits, including an annual Health Spending Account.
o Extended Health after 3 months of employment, dental after one year
– 10 paid sick/wellness days annually.
– Be a member of a welcoming, supportive, kind, caring and inclusive organization.
– Opportunity to have a direct impact on the lives of children, youth and families.
– Supportive supervisors who focus on your professional growth and work/life balance.
– Regular team building, health and wellness retreat(s), inclusion in agency vision- planning and staff social events.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources Specialist leads, supports, develops, and enhances projects related to recruitment strategies, orientation and coordination of training for all staff at Chimo.
– Responsible for coordinating and administering full cycle recruitment for all positions within the organization, including but not limited to:
o Liaising with Leadership relating to a recruitment need
o Developing copy and posting job opportunity advertisements
o Reviewing and screening candidates through various platforms
o Conducting phone interviews
o Scheduling and facilitation of interviews
o Formulating recommendations based on information gathered from interviews and hiring leaders
o Facilitate reference checks process
o Preparing job offers that are legislatively compliant
– Responsible to facilitate onboarding procedures with all new hires, and to ensure completion of entire onboarding process, including appropriate paperwork and orientation.
– Responsible for appropriate record-keeping in accordance with applicable legislation.
– Responsible to administer mandatory training program for all staff to ensure organisational compliance, including but not limited to:
o Identification of training requirements for each staff member
o Ensuring each staff member completes mandatory training as required
o Setup registrations, sending reminders and administering cancellations and rescheduling as required.
o Maintain and update employee training records
– Other duties, as assigned by the Executive Director or their designate.
– Post-secondary degree or diploma in HR or a related discipline
– Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role within a non-profit environment
– CHRP designation considered an asset
– Experience in recruitment and orientation
– Experience with project management
– Strong understanding and knowledge of employment legislation
– Ability to confidentially manage sensitive and confidential information
– High attention to detail
– Experience communicating effectively at all levels of an organization
– Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
– Updated (within 6 months) Police Record Check (including vulnerable sector) and Child Intervention Record Check.
– Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
– Experience with DayForce payroll software would be considered an asset.
Want to work with us? Interested candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume to https://pesceandassociates.talentnest.com/en/posting/131412/location/160020 by December 9, 2022.
Chimo is an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status. We are happy to provide accommodations for those who require them – please communicate if accommodations will be required during the hiring process.
We thank all applicants, but please note that only qualified candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit pesceandassociates.talentnest.com.